Hey, welcome to our recipes website. Looking for recipes idea to cook tonight? Try this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe! We provide you only the best Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup RecipePreptime: 36 Minutes Cooktime: 45 Minutes Serve: 2 Persons Nutrition: 271 calories.
To cook hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup :
- Prepare 1 cup dried split peas
- You need 1/2 cup green lentils
- Get 1/2 cup yellow lentils
- Provide 2/3 cup barley
- Prepare 3 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 2 medium onions
- Provide 4 clove garlic
- You need 5 medium carrots
- You need 1 salt and pepper to taste
Steps to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup :
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes.
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies".
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant.
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes.
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins - 1 hour.
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours.
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
More Foods To Help Enhance Your Memory
If you read our last article you already know how important it is to have the proper nutrition if you would like to end up improving your memory and having your brain function properly. As you continue to read you’re going to find out that we are offering you more foods which can help with your memory and also help your brain to function correctly.
Your brain also requires fats to be able to allow it to function properly but you are going to find that you have to be consuming healthy fats, and to be able to get them you ought to use olive oil instead of other oils. Many men and women keep regular vegetable oil in their home mainly because it is much cheaper than olive oil, but you are going to find that this kind of oil contains plenty of bad fats. When you are making your eggs in the morning instead of using butter try cooking them in olive oil to help boost your brainpower even more.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
As we mentioned before, nutrition is key for ones mind, and getting the right nutrition can have an extremely positive effect on your memory.