Looking for recipes idea to make this weekend? Try this Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry recipe! Our website is dedicated to gives you only the best Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry recipe, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry RecipePreptime: 38 Minutes Cooktime: 37 Minutes Serve: 2 Persons Nutrition: 258 calories.
You can cook bengali prawn in coconut milk curry/ chingri maacher malai curry using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare bengali prawn in coconut milk curry/ chingri maacher malai curry :
- Use 1/2 Kilogram Prawns (I used 8 large prawns, with heads)
- You need 2 Cinnamon Sticks of
- Take 3 Pods Cardamoms
- Take 5 Cloves
- You need 1 Onion Medium , paste
- Use 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- Provide To Taste Salt
- Take 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Provide 3 Tablespoons Curd Yogurt / Plain
- You need 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- You need 2 Green Chillies , slit (optional)
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Haldi Powder /
- Take 1/3 Cup Mustard Oil
- You need 1/4 Cup Water
Instructions to make Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry :
- In a non-stick wok, add about half of the mustard oil, and heat it up.
- Meanwhile, marinate your prawns with a little bit of salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the prawns to the wok once the oil is hot.
- Sauté the prawns on medium heat till they turn yellow/orange in colour. Remove, and put aside.
- Add more oil to the wok.
- Add whole pieces of cinnamon, cardamon, and clove. Wait for them to splutter.
- Now, add the onion paste, along with the ginger-garlic paste. Also add salt and rest of the turmeric powder.
- Pour in more oil if required, and cook this mixture on medium heat for 4-5 mins. The paste should turn slightly brown in colour, and should not smell raw.
- While the paste is cooking, put the curd in a small bowl and whisk it well.
- Once the paste is cooked, bring the heat to low, and then add the curd. Mix well.
- Now add in the sugar. Stir.
- Finally, pour in the coconut milk. Add the chillies. Let the gravy simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the water. Then place the prawns into the gravy.
- Stir gently. Cover with a lid, and let this cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add more sugar and salt if required. This gravy is meant to be sweet-savoury in flavour, so make sure it doesn't taste just salty.
- Serve with hot white rice! And watch everyone lick their fingers! :)
- PS: If you don't have coconut milk, then add 3-4 tablespoons of coconut powder to 2 cups of water. Use this mix. It works perfectly well!
If you find this Bengali Prawn in Coconut Milk Curry/ Chingri Maacher Malai Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting weight loss tips bellow.
If You Would Like To Live A Healthy Life You Need Diet And Exercise
Disease as well as illnesses are more common nowadays than they have ever been before. This can be attributed to the reality that in general men and women are just out of shape and do not eat healthy. Men and women who are too heavy end up suffering from more of these diseases then people who eat healthy and remain in shape. Here we are going to review some things you can do to help yourself get healthy and also end up losing a few pounds in the process.
One of the main keys to eating healthy is to verify that you are getting a minimum amount of 5 servings of your fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. The vitamins as well as nutrition detected in these sorts of foods can actually enable you to fight off certain illnesses and also diseases. While I understand a lot of people don’t like vegetables, just about every person likes fruit. So you can basically stock up on different types of fruits and eat them throughout the day. Even though it is not as good as mixing them with vegetables, it is way better than not consuming any type of produce. Yet another thing you should do is to have these fruits and vegetables with every single meal and try to eat those before you begin on the main course. Once you begin to fill up on your fruit and veggies, you will wind up not being as hungry and perhaps won’t eat the rest of the meal.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Some thing else you should do is to have a large glass of water right before every meal. The water doesn’t only help fill you up it helps to purge your body of harmful toxins. If you are getting hungry somewhere between meals, something that might help get you though that is to have a large glass of water accompanied by a serving of fruits or vegetables. And by making use of that little trick you may be less inclined to hit those burger joints throughout the day.