Hi, welcome to my recipes page. If you’re looking for Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) recipe here, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to make Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) RecipePreptime: 15 Minutes Cooktime: 56 Minutes Serve: 1 Persons Nutrition: 217 calories.
You can cook saag gosht (lamb and spinach curry) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make saag gosht (lamb and spinach curry) :
- Take Meat
- Provide 400 grams Lamb (Leg steak is probably best)
- Prepare Sauce
- Take 400 grams Chopped Tomatoes
- Use 100 ml Red Wine
- Provide 1 Onion
- Use 100 grams Fresh Spinach (Washed)
- You need Spices
- Get 6 clove Garlic
- Prepare 3 Fresh Chillies
- You need 2 tsp Grated Ginger
- Provide 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Get 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- Take 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Use 3 Cardamom pods
- Get 1 tsp Salt
Instructions to make Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) :
- Slice the onion. Place a large pan (big enough to hold all the ingredients - and with a lid too, you'll need one later) on the stove on a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Once the oil is hot add the onios and a pinch of salt and fry until they have browned slightly (it'll take about 10 minutes). Once they're done remove them from the pan and set aside.
- MEANWHILE, cut the lamb into 1-inch cubes and finely chop the chilli (The recipe will give a medium hot curry if you include the seeds. Use less chilli or remove the seeds if you like it milder. Or go for it and add more! :)) and garlic.
- After the onions have cooked and removed from the pan, add the lamb to it (add a bit more oil if necessary) and fry until browned (it'll take 4-5 minutes). Then remove that from the pan and set aside with the onions.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add all of the spice ingredients. Stir fry for a minute or so and then add in the red wine. Allow it to boil for a minute or too, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any of the stuff that caramelised earlier.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onions and lamb to the pan. Once it's come to the boil turn the heat right down, put the lid on and leave it to blip away for 2 hours.
- Shred the spinach leaves and add all but a handful of them to the curry. Stir it in and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the last handful of spinach. Plate up and enjoy! :)
If you find this Saag Gosht (Lamb and Spinach Curry) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting weight loss tips bellow.
Becoming And Staying Healthy Together With Eating Plans And Exercise
For those who haven’t noticed, individuals today seem to be suffering from far more illnesses and diseases than they ever have. The point that people are generally unhealthy as well as out of shape is one of the major reasons for this. Men and women who are too heavy end up suffering from far more of these diseases then people who eat healthy and stay fit. In the following paragraphs we are going to be talking about a few things that you can do to improve your health and get rid of some weight at the same time.
Most people these days have so much going on in their lives that they are not able to find any time to exercise. Having said that, you must comprehend that steady exercise is key for your health. Body fat build up is caused because the food you are ingesting each day is not getting burned off with any exercise and therefore as an alternative it gets turned into fat deposits. You can even get started with getting a little exercise by just taking a walk or two each day. Although walking does not burn a lot of calories it is truly better than not doing any sort of exercise.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Yet another thing that can help you to consume less food would be to make sure you drink an entire glass of water before you sit down for your meal. The water doesn’t just help fill you up it also enables you to free your body of harmful toxins. When you’re getting hungry somewhere between meals, something that can help get you though that is to have a substantial glass of water and then a serving of fruits or vegetables. This will help you make it through the day without going to the fast food joints.