Trying to find good food recipe? Why not try Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe! We give you only the best Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe here, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to cook Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style RecipePreptime: 26 Minutes Cooktime: 41 Minutes Serve: 2 Persons Nutrition: 200 calories.
You can cook curry chicken - caribbean style using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook curry chicken - caribbean style :
- Take 4 lbs chicken (thighs and legs skin off)
- You need 4 medium size potatoes roughly chopped
- You need 3-4 tbsp veggie oil
- You need 1/2 c water
- Get 2 tsp salt
- Provide 2 tsp black pepper
- Provide 2 garlic cloves diced
- You need 1 medium onion (diced)
- Prepare 1 large tomato
- Get 3 scallions chopped
- Provide 3 sticks fresh thyme
- Use 4 tbsp ketchup
- Prepare 3 tbsp Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand)
- Use 4 tbsp curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot)
- Get 1 scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper)
Steps to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style :
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate.
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot.
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn)
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. - - You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste.
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry.
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid.
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. - - Note - you can add more water if needed for gravey.
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy……
If you find this Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting weight loss tips bellow.
If You Would Like To Live A Healthy Existence You Will Require Diet And Exercise
In case you haven’t noticed, individuals today seem to be suffering from a lot more illnesses and diseases than they ever have. A lot of this is due to men and women generally being unhealthy as well as overweight. Most people that are at the right weight generally have less illnesses and diseases than those people who are obese. In the following paragraphs we are going to be talking about a few things that you can do to improve your health and drop some weight at the same time.
Now I am aware that many men and women are very busy and many people don’t have the time to exercise frequently. However this is really vital for your total body health. You need to know, especially people who have desk jobs, that without having exercise a lot of the food you take in ends up turning right into fat deposits. So you need to begin getting some kind of exercise everyday, even if it is just enjoying a walk after dinner. All in all, taking a walk is better than not engaging in anything.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Just before you have a seat to eat your dinner or some other meal, try having an entire glass of water before you begin eating because this can also have you feeling fuller faster. The water doesn’t only help fill you up but it also enables you to purge your body of toxins. Many individuals end up getting hungry in the mid morning, should this happen have some water and also a piece of fruit, which should hold you over. This can help suppress your hunger and also the urge to pick up a burger from the joint across the road.