Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version). Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Chili Colorado Burritos are smothered in red enchilada sauce and melted cheese for an easy Mexican dinner. It was served "enchilada style," with the chili colorado wrapped in a burrito and smothered in enchilada sauce and melted cheese! Reads more like thick enchiladas than smothered burritos.
The next night we ate the leftover burritos with pico de gallo, sour cream and taco sauce on top. And it was smothered in sauce and cheesy goodness. I have had this on my list of things to make for a long time now. You can cook Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version) using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version)
- You need of (2) Lbs steak meat, cubed.
- You need of (3) Tbsp oil.
- It’s of (1) Can diced green chillies.
- It’s of (1) Anaheim pepper, diced.
- Prepare of (1) Can black beans.
- It’s of (2) Garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need of (1 1/2) Tsp onion powder.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Adobo sauce.
- You need of (1) Tsp cummin.
- It’s of (1) Tsp salt.
- Prepare of (4) Burrito sized tortillas.
- It’s of (2) Cup grated cheese.
- You need of (2) 10 oz Cans enchilada sauce.
- Prepare of (1/3) Cup water.
Assemble burritos by spooning refried beans and spreading them on the tortilla. I just made Chili Colorado last week. Wish I had seen your recipe first lol! I used canned chicken, green chilis, corn, beans, and enchilada sauce to make them.
Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version) step by step
- In a large skillet heat oil. Fry cubed steak until brown and cooked..
- Add green chillies, Anaheim pepper, Garlic, onion powder, Adobo sauce, cummin, Salt, enchilada sauce and the water..
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes..
- Lightly oil large baking dish..
- Remove 1 cup of the sauce and set aside..
- Warm the tortillas, set aside..
- Cover bottom of the baking dish lightly with about 4 Tbsp of the sauce mixture..
- Assemble the 4 Burritos in baking dish. 1/4 of the steak mixture in each burrito along with 1/4 can black beans, 1/4 Cup of the cheese. Once assembled spread remaining sauce over the top of the Burritos and garnish with the remaining cheese..
- In a 375 degrees Fahrenheit pre heated oven, bake burritos for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes..
- Serve hot with sour cream or your favorite garnishment and Enjoy!.
With a little cheese and some flour tortillas that I already had on hand. Find everything from our world famous Baby Back Ribs or chili to our hand crafted sandwiches, enchiladas, and quesadillas at a Chili's restaurant nearby. Find everything from our Texas-Size Baby Back Ribs, our ½ lb. Big Mouth Burgers® and our always sizzling, Full-on Fajitas. Serve as a sauce for Smothered Burritos.