Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken.
You can cook Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- You need 1 of small orange or tangerine.
- Prepare of optional: chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish.
Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken instructions
- In a 5 quart or larger pot, place the onions and garlic first. This will keep the chicken skin from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and sugar..
- Then add water and apple cider vinegar..
- Cover, turn heat to medium, and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring once midway..
- If using a tangerine, add the zest of the entire tangerine. If an orange, zest half the orange. Squeeze all the juice of the tangerine or orange into the pot. Turn heat to medium low, cover and simmer another 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. You'll want to stir two or three times to make sure all the chicken pieces get immersed in the seasoning. The wings I used on this day were from very large birds, so I went the full 30 minutes..
- Uncover, turn the heat to low, and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with chopped green onions and cilantro if you like..
- On this day, I served this chicken with steamed Jasmine rice and Crunchy Soy Slaw. Slaw recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1775722-firstborns-favorite-crunchy-soy-slaw?via=sidebar-recipes Enjoy!.