Chilli Con Carne.
You can cook Chilli Con Carne using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper diced.
- It’s 1 lb of / 500g beef mince / ground beef.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 800 g of / 28 oz can crushed tomato.
- You need 14 oz of / 420g can red kidney beans.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 tsp sugar.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of &1/2 cup water.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of *Chilli Spice Mix**.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper (depending on taste).
- It’s 4 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Turn heat up to high and add beef. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until mostly browned. Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over. (This step helps release extra flavour from the spices).
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1/2 cup of water for Quick Cook or 1 1/2 cups for Slow Cook. Bring to simmer, and cook for 20-40mins, uncovered and on medium heat..
- Serve over rice, nacho chips or over sausage..