World's Best Chili.
You can cook World's Best Chili using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of World's Best Chili
- You need 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of stew meat (cut into about 1 inch chunks).
- You need 1/4 pound of bacon diced in small pieces.
- Prepare 1 of small red bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced (now if you're like me and you love garlic add 4.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of chili powder (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of kosher or pink himalayan salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4.5 oz of can chopped green chilies.
- It’s 28 oz of can whole canned tomatoes.
- It’s 12 oz of can tomato paste (use two 6oz cans).
- You need 48 oz of canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of water (add more if needed.).
- You need 4 dashes of worsteshier sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of beef soup base.
- You need of Optional toppings:.
- Prepare of Sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onion, tortilla chips.
World's Best Chili instructions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the meats, pepper and onion and cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain any collected grease and liquid, if desired..
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two..
- Stir in the chili powder, dried mustard, crushed red pepper, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper..
- Add the chilies, tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, and about 2½ cups of water, beef soup base and worsteshire sauce. Simmer on low for at least 2 hrs. Or put in crockpot on low for at least 4 hrs. Add additional water as needed for desired consistency..
- Serve with toppings of your choice..