Cheesy chili cornbread. Take a boring box of cornbread mix (or your favorite cornbread recipe) from boring to WOW with a few simple ingredients. Creamy Cheesy Cornbread is a delicious cross between cornbread and corn casserole that you Creamy Cheesy Cornbread. I'm here to say that I am a bit of a cornbread snob.
I just made this along with the chili con carne. Everything came out wonderful, but I was thinking about the cornbread a bit…the few times. What's better than chili with a side of cornbread? You can have Cheesy chili cornbread using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy chili cornbread
- Prepare of Prepare chili- see previous recipe.
- Prepare 1 cup of Nacho cheese or queen dip.
- Prepare box of Cornbread mix plus ingredients it calls for on.
This vegetarian chili will have you kicking your boots off. Chili Cornbread Casserole is a crowd-pleasing casserole that combines the two comforting classics Start by preparing the simple yet scrumptious chili filling… Then make the cheesy cornbread batter… Cheddar cheese soup and shredded Cheddar cheese combine to make this cornbread especially cheesy and Cheesy Cornbread. Throw in a can of diced green chillies and it is excellent and moist. Learn how to make Cheesy Cornbread.
Cheesy chili cornbread instructions
- Heat oven to 400. Prepare chili- see previous recipe..
- Pour chili into cast iron skillet or glass baking dish until halfway full..
- Top with your favorite cheese sauce or queso dip. I used velveeta liquid cheese..
- Prepare cornbread mix as directed on package and pour over the chili/cheese..
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cornbread is fully cooked..
Recipe: Chili Cornbread Casserole. by Christine Gallary. Serve with your favorite chili toppings; I'm partial to cheese and sour cream, but some scallions and hot sauce would be delicious too! This cornbread goes well with any main dish. The chives and sharp cheddar cheese give it a special flavor. Chive-Cheese Cornbread Recipe photo by Taste of Home.