Chili Lime Coconut Salmon.
You can cook Chili Lime Coconut Salmon using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Lime Coconut Salmon
- It’s 1 of medium shallot, chopped.
- You need of I jalapeno pepper, chopped, with half the seeds removed.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 of lime, zested and juiced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of fillets centre-cut salmon, deboned and skin-on.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
Chili Lime Coconut Salmon step by step
- Put all the ingredients except for the salmon, coconut cream and sugar in a food processor. Add several grinds of black pepper. Blitz until the sauce becomes a slightly chunky puree, like guacamole..
- Pour the sauce into a shallow dish. Lay the salmon fillets into the sauce, flesh-side down. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Put a medium non-stick pan on medium heat and add a splash of veg oil. Pull the salmon from the marinade and carefully wipe off as much sauce as you can from the fish. Lay the fillets into the pan, skin-side down and fry for 5 minutes. Flip the fish over and fry 5 minutes more. Remove the salmon and set it aside..
- Wipe out the pan with some clean paper towel, then put it back on the heat. Add the marinade and coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, and salt to taste. Peel the skin off the salmon and serve with the sauce..