Chilli con carne. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. Add the onion and. Чили нон карне (Chili non carne). Автор: Freigraf Trostsky.
It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1-28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-15 oz of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. —Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma. This is a British chilli con carne, and it's just as good. I also realise that we spell 'chilli' differently to you folks in the US who spell it 'chili' and that is fine of course, but I thought i'd mention it, just in case. This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic.
Chilli con carne step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. This chilli con carne recipe makes a tasty Mexican meal that's great as a family dinner. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and again. Spicy chili with ground beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic. To me that combination was strange.