Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken. I developed this Thai sweet chili sauce chicken because I love crispy chicken with sticky sweet sauce. My recipe is so easy, delicious and picky eater Finally, deep fry the crispy chicken and stir fry in the wok or skillet with some minced garlic, sweet chili sauce and lime juice. A savory sauce to use as a dip with shrimp or spring rolls, in stir-fries and noodle dishes, even on whole wheat pizza crust instead of typical pizza sauce with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and vegetables.
My my my, It wasn't good at all. I love garlic, but the garlic in it was SOOOOO overpowering and it wasn't spicy enough. Easy Thai Chicken – So sticky, so tender, so moist and just packed with so much flavor. You can have Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken
- You need 3.5 pounds of chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on each side about 1 inch apart.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce (I used Mae Ploy brand.).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 2.5 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of sriracha or sambal.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced or grated ginger (you can use a teaspoon of dried ginger if you don't have fresh).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced or grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of minced shallot (1/4 cup of chopped green onion or 3 Tablespoons of minced onion will work in a pinch).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of lime or lemon juice.
And since I make a ton of chicken recipes, well, there's just a lot of leftover chicken in my fridge. Shortly after that response, he devoured these sweet and sticky Thai chicken thighs in seconds without taking a. Easy sweet chili chicken is your answer to a quick weeknight dinner. Makes incredible leftovers and the homemade sweet chili sauce is so versatile!
Super Easy Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Chicken instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and massage gently and thoroughly to ensure even seasoning..
- Let marinate for at least an hour, up to three hours, before roasting. If you're going to roast in an hour, best to leave the chicken out on the counter and allow it to come up to room temp before roasting. Halfway through the marinade time, redistribute the chicken to ensure even seasoning..
- 15 minutes before roasting, preheat the oven to 425F..
- Set the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan (or on a broiler pan with slats), keeping the extra marinade to glaze the chicken in the last 15 minutes of roasting..
- Roast the chicken on the center oven rack for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the pieces, then spoon the leftover marinade in even portions over the chicken pieces and continue to roast for another 15 minutes to give it a chance to caramelize..
- That's it! If you're looking for a veg side, you might like it with: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2004832-thai-inspired-green-apple-slaw or https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1700287-quick-easy-srirachafied-cucumber-salad. (Just copy and paste the url.).
The sweet chili sauce gets super thick after being stored in the fridge for a few days, but melts right down when spooned over warm food. Marinated Thai chicken satay skewers – tender and juicy, with a lightly charred finish – served with a spicy peanut sauce. Even with a bit of marinating time it's super quick and easy! The satay peanut sauce has a few special additions for a spicy creamy finish you'll love! What is it about peanut butter.