Chili Dog Sauce.
You can cook Chili Dog Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Dog Sauce
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of chili beans – drained.
- You need 2 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Chili Dog Sauce instructions
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook beef until no pink remains, stirring constantly to break up into a very fine crumble. Drain fat off meat in a colander (do not rinse)..
- Return meat to skillet. Increase heat to medium high. Add beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered to reduce and thicken sauce, stirring occasionally. About 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust salt as desired..
- Serve over hot dogs in toasted buns. Garnish with shredded cheese, onions, pickles, sour cream, mayo, or whatever else you like on your chili dogs. Enjoy!.