Granola. Made with Real Ingredients Food that's both Delicious & Convenient. A big bowl of granola is a great way to start your day. In this crunchy version, sweetened rolled oats and nuts are mixed with pumpkin pie spice, baked until crispy, and tossed with dried fruit.
The coating for your granola should be about half sweetener and half oil. Honey and maple syrup are two of the best sweeteners you can use for granola because their liquid state coats each oat well. This granola recipe is also a far more healthy granola option, since it's made with whole grains, unrefined oil and naturally sweetened. You can cook Granola using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Granola
- You need 1/4 cup of raw honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of natural organic peanut butter (I use one with only peanuts as ingredient).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed mixed nuts of choice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of chia seeds.
- You need 2 Tbs of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 Tbs of real vanilla.
- It’s 2 Tbs of oil of choice.
- It’s 2 cups of old fashioned oats.
- Prepare 2 cups of dried fruit of choice.
- Prepare of Cocao nibs optional.
You just can't beat freshly baked granola packed with delicious and good-for-you ingredients. Plus, homemade granola is super easy to make. You'll only need one bowl and some basic pantry ingredients. Dump the granola onto a sheet pan.
Granola step by step
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix honey, pb, oil, cinnamon and vanilla very thoroughly.
- Add nuts, seeds, coconut and oats.
- Mix thoroughly.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, press out granola.
- If you crowd the pan you will end up with granola clusters, if you would rather have a crumbly granola spread it onto two pans.
- Bake at 300 for 30 minutes.
- Do NOT stir as it bakes.
- Add dried fruit and cocao nibs.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Then spread the granola out evenly, so it can toast properly in the oven. Let the granola cool completely, then store in an airtight container. The granola will keep for two weeks at room temperature. Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other sweeteners such as brown sugar, and sometimes puffed rice, that is usually baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown. During the baking process, the mixture is stirred to maintain a loose breakfast cereal consistency.