Dad's Famous Chili.
You can cook Dad's Famous Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dad's Famous Chili
- You need 4/5 lbs of ground beef (lean ish).
- Prepare 1/5 lbs of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion (Chopped) (Can substitute white).
- It’s 15 oz of kidney beans (1 can) (Can substitute pinto).
- It’s 14 1/2 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes (1 can).
- You need of (Don't like largish chunks of tomatoes in your chili? You can substitute petite diced, but you won't find these in fire roasted).
- You need 2-4 oz of diced jalapeños (optional but tasty) (1/2 to 1 small can).
- You need 1.25 oz of Chili seasoning (1 packet).
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced baby bellas (optional) (1 basket).
- It’s of Optional toppings:.
- It’s of Shredded cheddar cheese (to taste).
- You need of Sour cream (to taste).
- It’s of Sliced black olives (to taste).
- You need of Tabasco sauce (to taste).
Dad's Famous Chili step by step
- Grab a 3+ quart pot at minimum. (preferably 4+ quart)..
- In your pot, brown the beef and pork together along with the onions. Drain off excess fat..
- Add the kidney beans, the tomatoes and the jalapeños (optional) without draining the cans first and mix together. This is the liquid that the chili will stew in..
- Mix in chili seasoning..
- Bring to a boil. (About 5-10 minutes).
- Simmer covered for 60-90 minutes. (I prefer around 90).
- Serve and enjoy!.