Poblano Guinness and bacon chili.
You can have Poblano Guinness and bacon chili using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poblano Guinness and bacon chili
- Prepare 1 lb of lean beef (1.25 is fine).
- You need 8 oz of bacon fine diced.
- Prepare 1 of Med onion fine chopped.
- You need 2 of large poblano diced.
- Prepare 2 of red chile fine diced.
- You need 2 of japs fine diced.
- Prepare 3 of Serrano fine diced.
- It’s 15 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of chili rotel.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of kidney beans.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ancho.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of Guiness.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Poblano Guinness and bacon chili instructions
- Sauté minced bacon until browned and rendered but not overly crisp but fat must be rendered, remove and reserve fat (chop the bacon more like ground beef size if necessary.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until really soft..
- Add beef and cook through followed by the bacon and seasonings until married with meat followed by the rest of the ingredients starting with the beer. Add water for consistency, about a cup and cook cover for about an hour.
- Add beans after about 45 minutes of simmering until heated through, about 30 minutes..