Chilli con Carne. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. This great chilli recipe has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. You can cook Chilli con Carne using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli con Carne
- Prepare 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 2 of small onions.
- You need 2 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 70 g of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of spices.
- It’s 400 g of kidneybeans.
- Prepare 400 g of canned tomatoes (diced).
- Prepare 140 g of canned pineapple.
Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble and set aside. Chili con carne (also spelled chilli con carne or chile con carne and shortened to chili or chilli Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtʃili kon ˈkaɾne]), meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans.
Chilli con Carne instructions
- Finely dice the onions and mince the garlic..
- Fruit the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil on low heat, untill the onions turn soft..
- Add the spices and tomato paste, and cook for just a minute to take of the raw edge..
- Add the minced meat and work on medium heat it till it has your desired structure and browning. For me that is fine and dark brown..
- Add the canned tomatoes, the beans and the pineapple. And let simmer uncovered for at least 20 minutes or untill it has your favorite consistency..
- Season to taste, and serve with boiled potatoes, rice, bread or add some more beans and eat it as is. Optional add some shredded cheese..
Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili con carne can refer to the authentic spicy dish of meat, chili peppers, beans, tomatoes, seasonings and spices. Check out the many different types of chili you can make! Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add the beef and onions. Si vous ne trouvez pas de Chili, vous pouvez utiliser une petite cuillère à café de poivre de Cayenne.