Braised Szechuan chilli Bass.
You can have Braised Szechuan chilli Bass using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Szechuan chilli Bass
- Prepare 1 lb of whole bass.
- You need 2 cups of sliced celery.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of sliced bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced lotus roots (optional).
- Prepare 1 package of frozen and thawed firm tofu.
- It’s 5 of sliced shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of large sliced red onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sliced Ginger roots.
- It’s 4 of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 of pickled veggies of any kind.
- You need 1 Tsp of Szechuan chilli paste.
- You need 1 Tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 5 of dried chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of Szechuan peppercorn.
Braised Szechuan chilli Bass step by step
- Prepare all flavoring herbs and veggies. Slice ginger and galangal. Smash garlic and green onions. Slice onion and tomatoes. Half mini bell peppers and remove the seeds..
- Salt cure the bass for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Rinse and cut fish into bite size pieces with bones in..
- Heat up Olive oil and add spices(Szechuan chilli and peppercorn) as well as herbs (ginger, garlic, green onions, pickles, onions). Sauté for a minute until aroma release to hot oil..
- Add veggies and tofu cubes and sauté for 2 minutes on high heat..
- Stir in Szechuan chilli paste and soy sauce. Add wine to loose up the sauce..
- Add fish bites now. Gently mix in with everything else. Pour in boiling water to cover the fish. Allow it to braise on high heat for about 25~30 minutes. Turn very lightly to allow all ingredients to soak in delicious juice..
- Once the liquid reduced to half, transfer everything into a flat baking pan. Braised the fish in a heated oven for about 15 minutes to crispy things up. Decorate with green onions on top..