Green Chili Mac &Cheese. Great idea to add the green chilies to Mac and cheese. I used the Sandi chili from a local farm. How to make Green Chili Mac 'N Cheese Casserole – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients.
Chili mac has to be pretty incredible for me to want to make it again. This green chili mac and cheese is sort of like 'lazy girl recipe meets OMG this is actually delicious'. It might also be one of the tastiest things to eat when you're feeling a little under the weather (hungover). You can cook Green Chili Mac &Cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Chili Mac &Cheese
- You need 1 of Tabs oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet kernel corn.
- Prepare 2 ounces of diced red onion.
- It’s 6 of tsps finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked macaroni.
- Prepare 6 of green chilies, roasted, seeded, peeled and pureed.
- You need of (Above…I used 1 small can hot and 1 big can mild).
- It’s 2/3 cups of grated hot pepper jack cheese.
- You need 8 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of each salt and pepper to taste.
Creamy macaroni and cheese with the kick of mild, roasted green chilis. But for all intents and purposes, I'm going the green chili mac and cheese route with you today. Mike made some green chile with pork but we still have SO MUCH. I've been using Jared hath cookies to make mac n cheese for years.
Green Chili Mac &Cheese step by step
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the red bell pepper, corn, onion, and garlic; saute until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. (This is what I did differently…I used more red pepper and pureed it with the canned chilies.).
- Add cooked macaroni, green chilies puree, and cheese; stir until well blended. Fold in heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately..
- Ready in 25 minutes.
- Serves 6 or more if used as a side, otherwise around 4 as main dish..
They only thing I do differently is when I melt the butter I. Creamy, cheesy, mac and cheese gets just a little heat from green chilis. This crockpot recipe has the easiest, fastest prep ever for busy days. This chili mac 'n' cheese casserole with salsa, green peppers, and chili powder is ready to serve in less than an hour. New Mexico Chile Verde, also know as Green Chili and Green Chile Stew, is a dish I discovered years ago on a cross-country trip.