Buttermilk pancakes. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pancakes are the hero of the breakfast table, and their very taste can even be described as "deeply breakfasty": eggy, salty, just this Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk. I used uncultured buttermilk, and the pancakes were thin and rubbery.
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes — made completely from scratch! The BEST Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes you'll ever try – promise! This easy to follow pancake recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time! You can have Buttermilk pancakes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk pancakes
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- You need 1 of egg.
So much better than a box mix! Thick, fluffy pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup. Buttermilk Pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavour. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula.
Buttermilk pancakes step by step
- Mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with the milk. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to sour..
- Sift together all purpose flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar..
- Beat 1 egg into the soured milk, and mix in the melted butter..
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and whisk until there are no clumps of flour left..
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, and lightly grease with either a cooking spray, oil, or butter. Scoops 1/4 cup if the batter onto the heated skillet..
- Cook until the edges have browned, then flip over to cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown..
- Serve hot with a cube of butter, and honey or syrup..
Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well. They're soft and fluffy, buttery, moist and tender and just perfectly flavorful. This is homestyle comfort food everyone will love any day of the year, and any time of day! Serve the pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Inspired by: Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes on The Kitchn.