Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra. 'Samke Harra' or Lebanese Spicy Tahini Fish is a Popular Dish From the Port City of Tripoli El-Mina, in Lebanon. Rub with a little olive oil and season with salt. Serve scattered with remaining capsicum on a bed of parsley leaves with lemon slices, Lebanese bread and rice.
Garnish with parsley or cilantro leaves, pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts or walnuts and an olive to modestly cover the eye of the fish. The book has the Beirut style of samkeh harra. The fish is fried instead of baked. You can cook Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra
- It’s 2 kg of Hamour fish, cleaned.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, cut in round slices.
- You need 2 of green peppers, cut in rounds.
- Prepare 3 of onions, cut in round slices.
- You need 3 of lemons, peeled and cut in round slices.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- You need 1 cup of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green hot peppers, cut in halves with seeds removed.
- It’s 1 of red hot pepper, cut in half with seeds removed.
- Prepare 20 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Samke Harra is one awsome dish, Basically it is baked whole fish (sometimes lighlty fried first), stuffed with a There are two versions of Samkeh Harra which are equally nice. Bake the fish in the foil directly on your oven rack. Samkeh Harra is quintessential Lebansese cuisine: a bright, lemony fish preparation with a healthy dose of garlic, sesame, and spice. Here, Petrale sole gets the Samkeh Harra ("hot fish") treatment.
Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra instructions
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat..
- To prepare the stuffing: put all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture..
- Using a knife, make 3 cuts on both sides of the fish. Fill in the cuts with the stuffing. With the remaining stuffing, rub the whole fish..
- In an oven tray, pour the vegetable oil and place the fish..
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 min. Remove the tray from the oven, spread the tomato, pepper, onion and lemon slices over the fish randomly..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it back in the oven for about 1 hr until it is well cooked..
- Place the fish in a serving dish and decorate it with the grilled sliced vegetables..
- Serve hot with pita bread..
It's seasoned with cumin and chili powder, then baked and served with a tahini-tomato sauce. There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite. It would also taste great served on a bun with tartar sauce and a slice.. Pick the fish out of the basin and serve on a plate. Put the stir-fried chopped red chili on the fish.