Smoked ham with a sweet chili glaze. Quick and easy glazed smoked pork chop and ham steak recipe with chili powder and brown sugar. I bought a pack of smoked pork chops and was just planning to heat them up and call it a day when I got to thinking how much I like a little sweet and a little heat. This smoked ham is tender and full of flavor from the sweet and savory spice rub and glaze.
Season the ham with dry rub. Place plastic wrap over ham and put in refrigerator. Allow the seasoning to penetrate the ham overnight to Place ham in an aluminum roasting pan and place on grill grates. You can cook Smoked ham with a sweet chili glaze using 2 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked ham with a sweet chili glaze
- You need 1 of deli ham 3 to 4 pounds boneless.
- It’s 1 bottle of sweet chili sauce (find in the Asian section).
Sweet Chili, soy sauce, orange marmalade, and garlic all come together to create one amazing glaze. A five star salmon recipe with a delicious sweet chili garlic glaze on top. The glaze caramelizes the salmon as it broils and will become an instant favorite that you. These eight grilled or smoked ham recipes will have your guests asking for more.
Smoked ham with a sweet chili glaze step by step
- Make cuts on the ham like a diamond thatch.
- Get your smoker ready temp at 200 make sure you have a lot of wood, wood chips, to smoke this ham for 6 hours to keep temp at 200 degrees.
- After 3 hour you start to glaze the ham every half hour with sweet chili sauce with a basting brush or mop with sauce in a bowl. Untill enteral temp is 160 or 170 degrees take out and let rest with a tent (like foil) for 15 to 20 minutes.
You begin with a fully cooked ham and then brush with a homemade apricot-mustard glaze, which infuses the ham with a sweet and tangy flavor and creates a nice golden color on the outside. It adds a sweet tart flavor that I prefer over the super sweet glazes often found on holiday hams. I grind whole black peppercorns in a mortar to add extra bite, and for additional flavor I use a smoked ham. Serve the meat with Dijon mustard, cornichons and extra glaze as condiments for a nice rustic. Learn how to make smoked salmon with a spicy sweet Thai chilli glaze.