Easy Açaí Bowl. An acai bowl is a blended mixture of acai berries and other fruits, served in a bowl and topped with a variety of fresh fruit, nuts and seeds. Acai berries a small fruit native to Central and South America and are considered a superfood because of their high antioxidant levels. An Acai Bowl is a quick and healthy breakfast or afternoon snack!
Açaí bowls are simply smoothies made with Açaí and served in a bowl with toppings. As opposed to the not-so-healthy breakfasts like monkey bread , belgian waffles , and eggs benedict that frequent our breakfast table, Açaí bowls are a super fast, super easy, super healthy, and surprisingly delicious way to start your morning! Acai bowls have been trending for some time now – it seems like a new acai bowl spot is opening up every other week in LA. You can cook Easy Açaí Bowl using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Açaí Bowl
- It’s 1 cup of Frozen mixed fruit (less if adding açaí packet).
- Prepare of Açaí packet (optional).
- It’s 1/4-1/2 of frozen banana (can do whole banana for more fluff and sweetness).
- Prepare 1 tbs of almond or PB or PB Powder (optional).
- It’s 1 scoop of protein powder (optional).
- Prepare of Toppings – add any of your faves.
- You need of Almond butter.
- It’s of Banana, fruit.
- It’s of Chia, flax or my fave Zen Basil Seeds.
- You need of Hemp seeds – taste really good and add protein and fiber.
- Prepare of Granola – I use Progranola or Fiber One Cereal for extra fiber.
If you've never had an acai bowl before – you're missing out. My good friend and photographer, Lauren, got me totally hooked on making homemade acai bowls. Ready in just a few minutes, this Acai Bowl Recipe is filled with acai berry puree, fruit, and all your favorite toppings. Learn how easy it is to make your very own Acai Bowl right from home and enjoy this powerhouse of fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats anytime you want for a fraction of the cost!
Easy Açaí Bowl instructions
- Add all ingredients in blender. I use my Ninja blender – may need to pause blender and mix it up a few times. Pour in bowl and add toppings..
Acai Bowl, similar to smoothie bowls, are a Brazilian delicacy prepared with a mashed and frozen Acai berry that comes from the acai palm. Using frozen fruit in the acai purée helps to achieve a thick consistency, but avoid adding ice, as it can water down the flavors. Confession: I've never had an acai bowl. And I have such an easy acai bowl recipe that I don't need to go out for one. My mom grew up in Brazil and returned there as an adult for a year and a half.