Big Mama's Jalapeno Popper Chili.
You can have Big Mama's Jalapeno Popper Chili using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Big Mama's Jalapeno Popper Chili
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos, chopped (seeds removed for less heat).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 can of black or kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 can of diced or rotel tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa.
- It’s 3/4 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- It’s 2 ounce of cream cheese.
- It’s of Optional Toppings:.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Sliced jalapeno.
- It’s of Cilantro, chopped.
Big Mama's Jalapeno Popper Chili step by step
- In a large pot add the extra virgin olive oil. Saute onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add in the taco seasoning and chili powder..
- Add the beans, tomatoes, salsa, beef broth and chopped cilantro. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend..
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the bacon. Add the bacon and cream cheese right before serving. Stir until melted and creamy. Serve with desired toppings..