Chili casserole. If you love chili, you have to try this chicken chili casserole. It's filled with lean protein, lots of vegetables, and topped with crushed tortilla chips and melty pepper jack cheese. Chili Relleno Casserole. *As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It has all the flavors of a classic chili Relleno without all the prep work. This recipe is always a big hit whenever it is served. Prepare casserole in foil-lined baking dish, making sure there is enough foil extending over edges of dish to cover and seal. You can cook Chili casserole using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili casserole
- It’s of Chili ingredients.
- It’s 2 boxes of jiffy cornbread mix.
- You need 2 of eggs and milk for cornbread.
- It’s of Favorite kind of shredded cheese.
- You need of Toppings hot sauce and sour cream.
Polenta Chili Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Meanwhile, heat chili according to package directions. Spread vegetables over polenta; top with chili. Both chili and cornbread are delicious alone, but something magical happens when you bring them together.
Chili casserole step by step
- Make your favorite chili anyway you want, needs to be a thick chili..
- After chili is done preheat oven.
- Make cornbread mix with box directions and then fold in a handful of cheese about a cup.
- Spray 13 x 9“ baking pan with non-cook spray fill half the baking pan with chili then try to evenly spread cornbread over the chili. Cornbread will rise make sure you leave room so it don’t over flow.. cook till cornbread is brown and done,follow directions for cooking on corn bread box..
One bite of this Chili Cornbread Casserole allows you to enjoy the sweet and buttery taste. Follow this easy recipe for Chili Relleno Casserole made with Bisquick, green chilies, and two kinds of cheese. Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread the mustard over the chili and the onion. This casserole is like a deconstructed chili relleno, which means "stuffed chile" in Spanish, and consists of a poblano pepper stuffed with cheese and meat, coated with an egg batter or corn flour. Cornbread with whole kernel corn and peppers, topped with canned chili and cheese that 'bakes through' the cornbread.