(Venison) Chili. This easy Venison Chili recipe is hearty and delicious, perfect for the cold months of hunting season or any time you have ground venison in your freezer. If venison is not available, substitute ground sirloin. Garnish with reduced-fat sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar, if desired.
Mucho thanks To my friends Lilli and Tony, Tony shot the deer with bow and arrow,just like the cave men did! And I cooked it up! always follow my three. This classic thick and hearty Venison Chili recipe will warm you to your soul. You can cook (Venison) Chili using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (Venison) Chili
- You need 1 pound of ground venison.
- It’s 1 packet of chili spices or use the spices in your pantry.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of Bush’s Chili Beans (or whatever beans you like).
- Prepare of Chili toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onion, Fritos.
As an equally passionate hunter and cook, I hope you find this recipe worthy of the effort required to secure the meat. Whether competing in the office chili cook off or just making a pot to warm you up on a cold winter's day, this recipe is a winner. This Hearty Venison Chilli (Venison Chili) is a comforting, filling chilli that will warm you up from the inside out. Made with venison, it's lower in fat than traditional beef chilli.
(Venison) Chili step by step
- Cook bell pepper and onion in a little olive oil in a large pot. I used half of 2 bell peppers..
- Once the vegetables are going, brown the meat WITH the spices down in a cast iron skillet of rippling hot olive oil..
- Add the meat into the pot once it’s browned and the vegetables are soft. Add the can of tomato sauce and beans..
- Let it all simmer (while you make some buttermilk cornbread) for maybe an hour..
- Serve with desired toppings..
This is my Dad's awesome chili recipe. He got a deer this year so I actually got to make it tonight with some ground venison he had given us. This one puts together quick, with just an onion and a pepper. Venison Chili. "This meaty chili is nicely seasoned and has gotten many 'very good' responses from my friends," says Gary Urness of Kenyon, Minnesota. Broaden search to look for "venison chili" anywhere in recipe sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search.