Simple bruschetta. This easy bruschetta recipe is a go-to summer appetizer that will leave everyone satisfied and coming back for more. Perfect for summer parties, weeknight dinners, or even weekend brunch! Perfect for summer parties, weeknight dinners, or even weekend brunch!
In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. I absolutely love bruschetta, and this recipe is authentic and very close to the recipe that I use, so I'm reviewing this one to put in a good word for it. The only things that I do differently are to brush the bread with a little olive oil before toasting, and to leave out the onion and instead add shredded mozzerella cheese to the mixture. You can have Simple bruschetta using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple bruschetta
- You need 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlice, minced.
- It’s 4 of large Roma tomatoes, diced.
- It’s Half of a red onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thinly sliced cilantro (or basil).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper flakes,.
Make our simple tomato bruschetta as a classic Italian starter. Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. Think of it as summer on toast! This Easy Bruschetta Recipe is a super simple, no fail recipe for my favorite Italian antipasto.
Simple bruschetta step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and red pepper flakes..
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. Add minced garlic and cook until lightly golden, 2-4 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool..
- Add garlic and oil to bowl. Toss until ingredients are combined. Let marinate for 30 min..
- Meanwhile, brush oil lightly on sliced bread (Italian preferred) and place in large baking sheet. Toast until golden brown, turning halfway through. Let cool for 5 min once bread is nice and toasted..
- Spoon marinated tomatoes on top of bread just before serving. Add fresh mozzarella on top if desired..
Try my recipe and say good bye to store bought bruschetta. Quick, delicious and a guaranteed crowd pleaser! Today, I have for you a super simple and easy bruschetta recipe that I've been making for years. To me, bruschetta is the ultimate appetizer because everyone loves it. Recipe by sofie-a-toast I went through a major bruschetta phase and tried many many recipes until I found the perfect one.